STRINGS CAMP 2009
Sekolah Pelita Harapan in Lippo Village Tangerang is pleased to host Strings Camp 2009 to be held July 15-18. This year it is a Four-Day Camp 9:00am to 4:00pm DAILY for all students learning the Suzuki Method from the Asian region. Our location 35 minutes from the international airport in a clean and safe environment makes for a pleasant holiday day camp atmosphere. Comfortable accommodations are available at the Aryaduta Hyatt Hotel five minutes from the school. There is a special rate for camp members of Rp.590,000/ night (USD 55).
Hotel information: http://www.aryaduta.com/minisite/web/home.php?r=13&t=1&m=1
We are looking forward to welcoming back from New Zealand violin teachers Val Thorburn (violin),Lynley Culliford (violin) and other guest teachers including Jennifer Moberg (violin) from the USA currently working in Hong Kong, our Korean guest teachers from the Asian Suzuki Association Minja Hyun (cello) , Jeong Cheol Woong (violin), and Hwang Kyung Ik (violin). Enrichment activities will be led by Elaine Ding a music specialist in the Kodaly Method and music education students from Universitas Pelita Harapan.
1. Daily Master Class lesson with guest teachers. Up to four students per class depending on level.
2. Group Lessons: Play Downs ! Review Songs, New Techniques, Group Performances
3. Reading Sessions: Mini Orchestra
4. Enrichment Program; Kodaly Music, Singing, Rhythm Band
5. Parent Seminars and Discussion Groups
6. Music Theory Activities Time/ Games/ Outdoor Activities and FUN!
7. Daily Recital and Grand Concert with Family Reception at the close of the camp.
All students enrolled must have a parent- family member present during the MASTER CLASS LESSONS. Nannies and helpers will not be allowed past the Main Lobby of SPH during Strings Camp. All parents need to assist with the supervision of student groups. Students five years and younger must be accompanied by the home teacher/ family member at all times.
The following conditions apply for all SC2009 Suzuki students:
1. Students continue to review their songs during the holiday leading up to SC2009. Students should know all songs up to their newest song. Non-Suzuki students need to prepare two solos at grade level and learn songs from the Suzuki books as recommended by the teachers. (For advice please contact SPH String Teachers Mrs. Therese, Ms. Anita 62-21-546-0234 Ext.500 or 501) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A family member will be in attendance for the Master Class session and be prepared to volunteer for at least one day of supervision duty.
3. All students will perform ONE solo during the recitals
4. Students will stay for the entire camp including the closing Concert on July 18 at 6pm.